Thursday, May 31, 2007

HOLA!!

Did I make up that "boing boing" thing down below? that's Funny! I love making myself laugh.

I could apologize for skipping a whole two months of blogging, but then I'd just be apologizing everytime I post something.

Tomorrow begins the Month of June. I'll have to think of a catchy phrase for the "Happy Summer" post.

A and I just returned from 12 days in Spain (We toured Barcelona, Andorra, the southeast coast of France, the north east coast of Spain, and the Dali museum in Figueres)! Vacation is grand. It is such a great life to be on vacation. One disconcerting thing about the trip: We visited three countries and didn't get ONE stamp in our passport. What's the point of having pages in my passport if no one is going to stamp them?

We are back in the working world now...it's nice to be welcomed back, but it's still work. I'm sure you all understand.

I'll post pictures in a couple days so stay tuned!!! We took 925 pics during the trip, I don't think I'll post them all, but be prepared for several hundred!

Off the top of my head April and May highlights:

The east coast R's celebrated Easter with afternoon Tea on Saturday and dinner at the Parker House on Sunday.

Emily ran the boston marathon!
Britta visited from Guatemala!
Ro, Camille, and Leo came to "See Emily Run"!
Mom and Dad moved back to S-town! (They are loving the CA weather and not missing Beantown in the least)
All of the above happened in one weekend. Thanks to Al and Kathy for transporting my new pink couch in time for the guests!!!

Sis has begun the house hunt....phew that's a lot of work in addition to the overtime she's working!

I ran the James Joyce Ramble for the second year in a row....and am now gearing up for a half marathon in Montreal on Sept 9th.

I traveled to South Dakota for work. It was fun to listen to the cows outside of my hotel room at night.

We packed and prepped for Spain and fit in a weekend trip to the Vineyard between South Dakota and Spain. I lounged and went running, A cut down dead trees with a chainsaw.

Upon returning from Spain, we found out such happy happy news, I have to share: Rattler and Michael got a baby boy!!!

the BookClub is moving along at a quick pace. We read "The Namesake" and are now reading Kurt Vonnegut's "Slapstick". A man next to me on the plan was reading a book by Paolo Coehlo (the author of The Alchemist, which was our first bookclub book) called Virginia Decides to Die (or something). I'd like to read another Coehlo book. I am greatly enjoying my newfound love for books. I read "In Her Shoes" on the plane to and from Spain. The book is much much much better than the movie.

I think you're caught up now. More updates and random thoughts to come. (hopefully, more frequently).

P.S. I think I'm leaving the pink fashion phase and entering the green world. I bought a new green purse in Andorra and wore a green cardigan set yesterday. I kind old lady in the doctor's office waiting area asked me how I got my purse to match my sweater perfectly. I also have a new favorite sweatshirt from the vineyard which is green (a zip up hoody).

1 comment:

  1. Yes, we are indeed glad to be back in S-town (actually, S-vale).

    Montreal is neat! If I were still on that coast, I would come to see you run.

    ReplyDelete