Monday, October 22, 2007

ohayo gozaimasu!

I just spent the weekend with some japanese friends of mine in LA. They travelled from Japan to LA for business and had the weekend free to play. Being the jet-sette than I am, I popped over there in time for a Friday evening night cap, a ton of fun on Saturday in Long Beach, Venice Beach, and Santa Monica, and then a day of touring Hollywood and Beverly Hills on Sunday.

It had been seven years since I'd seen these folks who became my family during my homestay/internship in Japan. It was absolutely wonderful to chat with them and remember the good 'ol days...my first trip to the children's home where they work was 10 years ago! Wow..it makes me feel old...but makes sense when I think about the fact that my 30th birthday is coming up.

It felt like they brought the Japan that I know and love to America and I was lucky enough to get immersed in it. I spent the entire weekend speaking Japanese. (okay, yeah, I did a little bit of english conversation practice with them). I was really excited that my japanese still works and we were able to talk!

The pics will be up on Snapfish... If you don't have the link, let me know.

P.S. Since when did Ben & Jerry add chocolate cows to Phish Food ice cream? It's like having a farm and an aquarium in my mouth all at once! All made of chocolate! (are you wondering where the phish food came from? A stopped at 7-11 on the way back from picking up chinese food while I was in the hot tub. Such a wonderful life I have!)

No comments:

Post a Comment