Wednesday, December 19, 2007

a moment of silence please

Please, a moment of silence.

shhhhh... this is in honor of my appendix.

One month ago today, the docs cut me open and took it out. I don't know where they put it or exactly how the tests were processed on it, but the appendix is no longer. We must respect that with a moment of silence.

shhhh.. it's almost over.

Thanks!

In other news, we've been having fun with Mom visiting. She didn't really plan to come to Boston in the winter...it's not her idea of fun, but when the boss says to go, I guess that's what you do. Anyway, I feel lucky that at least I could be here and have a warm apartment (even if we do have mice) for her to hang out in. She's well into Season 2 of the Gilmore Girls DVDs.

We saw the Boston Holiday Pops last friday. It's such a great show. I think every new englander should make that show an annual tradition. We all sang along and Santa told jokes. It was a blast.

Over the weekend Mom cooked some meatloaf, and some soup, we whipped up some pumpkin bread. (We think the cooking attracted the mice). It's great to have the comfort foods when the outside is covered in snow and ice! (i'm not ready to write publicly about the mice yet...still in shock)

A and I are headed to CA on Friday. He confessed that he's been missing the California life lately. We're looking forward to a relaxing few days for Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment