Monday, December 14, 2009

Pumpkin Profiteroles

You may know that my sis is professionally trained in baking goodness. She hosted a holiday party this past weekend and served many scrumptious treats. The most scrumptious of all were the pumpkin profiteroles. YUMM!

Imagine a poppable (bit-size) profiterole (usually served with ice cream in the middle) with pumpkin cream inside topped with a maple caramel sauce and sprinkled with toasted walnuts. You're imagining goodness, right? The pumpkin cream she made from scratch by whipping up whipped cream and adding her own spices to mimic the pumpkin pie flavor, then she folded in real pumpkin. It was delightful. She also made the maple caramel sauce from scratch, on the stove, right in front of me. I was happy to be the taste tester for all components and proud to say that I toasted and chopped the nuts. What else are sisters for?

I apologize for not having a picture to share. I was too busy popping the profiteroles in my mouth. Did I mention YUMM?

2 comments:

  1. Those sound AMAZING! I want a sister who is an amazing baker! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to add the profiteroles themselves were made from scratch as well :) I rock!

    ReplyDelete