Monday, March 6, 2006

California Girl

I live in Boston now...well Quincy, MA actually. I lived in Boston before, so the place is not new, just the "right now" part is new. It still hasn't sunk in that I don't have a return flight home..weird. It feels normal here, since I know the area, and have friends already. YIPPEE! Aren't I lucky that they still like me despite my moving back to CA for a few years. For some reason they are all telling me that they knew I'd come back to Boston. I guess I can tell them they were right.

I walked through the Boston Common today on my way to work, watched people ice skating at Frog Pond, and watched ducks splashing around in the unfrozen part of the pond in the Public Garden. It's such a glorious city!

I'm settled in with M & D for a while....we ran several errands this weekend. M picked up a make up mirror, one that magnifies your face about a gazillion times and lights up so you can't miss a thing! Well, let me tell you, it certainly provides a completely different perspective on plucking one's eyebrows. Do you realize how many little hairs are on your face?

Also, I'm a podder now. A set me up with an iPod. I listened a little on the plane, but mostly today on the train. Haven't hit a bus yet... He put 2,000 songs on there which is approximately 7 days worth of music! I've got it set to shuffle and we'll see how long it actually takes me to hear all 2,000 songs. I must say, I was one of the cool kids on the train today..with earbuds in my ears and a pod in my pocket. Yeah, that's me, the epitome of cool!

1 comment:

  1. podders deserve mixtapes -- i'll make you one! i am in need of distraction from thesis-yuckness!

    yr pick: something to workout to? something to sleep to? something to dream about a to?

    ReplyDelete