Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Birthday Countdown Continues

2 days until I'm 29! Then, the countdown to 30... Why is that such a milestone? Should there be things I "need" to get accomplished before I'm 30? What will my goals for age 29 be? 28 was pretty good...I moved back to Boston, got my first professional certification, continued developing a wonderful relationship with A, and spent more time with my parents than I have in any other year since starting college. What fun peeps they are!

I'm laying down (building) the brickwork for an adult career and perhaps even establishment of my own family. That progress will continue into age 29...Are there more professional certifications and perhaps home buying in the future? YIKES! I think it's official that adulthood is here. Trust me, I'm listening to the child within...or shall I say, the traveler within. Spain has recently popped onto the list. I've never considered it as a desirable destination before, but yesterday it sounded good. Other top places on the list are Australia, New Zealand, Alaska, and Japan (yes, again). More local destinations include NYC, Nova Scotia, Montreal.....How do we get sponsored to travel for a year? Is one year on the road too much to ask for in a person's life?

Random Advice: So, our car was looking a little dirty (well kind of like a sand pit with all the stuff collected on the floor). I was feeling like it was run down and was drooling over new cars (how wasteful, I know). This weekend, I vacuumed the car, cleaned the dashboard, etc and now it's just like new! Who knew that a little act of cleaning the car could have such a big effect. What a beautiful little car I have now.
(This theory applies to bathrooms also)

1 comment:

  1. I dunno. I have trouble imagining a "beautiful little bathroom," but maybe that's a guy thing.

    ReplyDelete