Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Horseshoes!

This weekend I was lucky enough to see the hungarian and his family. It was great. I also tried my hand at horseshoes! Yes, my arm is sore after the fact, but I didn't do so bad. Actually, I had a glorious "ringer" which landed right on top of the tie breaking "ringer" and cancelled it out. I maintained the tie long enough for A to get a ringer on his next turn and win the game for us! We also hit the driving range that afternoon. What a sporty saturday we had. Oh yeah, I ate the most ginormous ice cream cone ever. Wish we had a camera...

Sunday morning A and I hit the pavement. Before long, A was on the ground with a sprained ankle. The curb jumped up at him when he was trying to step off it (or something like that). It's still swollen, but getting better. I've been carrying on the training with out him (sad face here). I did two laps around the reservoir and back on Sunday (60 minutes). Last night I ran around the neighborhood for 30 minutes. Tonight is a rest night and tomorrow is another speed workout!

The bookclub is reading "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini (sp?). He's the guy that wrote "The Kite Runner". ATSS is a fantastically intense book. Absolutely amazing. Super well written and a dramatic plot. I'm loving it.

Tomorrow's Mom's Birthday!
Happy Independence Day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Wingnut did you know that Kalad Hosseni is a MD at the Kaiser Clinic in MTN VIEW?








    klad

    ReplyDelete