Monday, January 14, 2008

Living Snowman

Winter is back! Saturday was the most perfect autumn day, sunny, crisp, and warm. I enjoyed a run around the reservoir. Yes, for those of you keeping track, it was my first run of the year, and my first run since the half marathon in September! The run felt great. I'm feeling rather sore now, but the run was fun. he he ...fun run...





This morning we awoke to THUNDER SNOW! An estimated foot of snow is falling as I write this. It's been falling at a rate of 1.5 inches per hour. There were about 3 inches when I shoveled this morning. Meet Fred:

I built him when my shoveling duties were done and am eager to see what he looks like after a full day of snow has fallen over him. I'm hoping he grows! (living snowman?)

On the walk to the train, in the falling snow, I thought to myself: "Gee, if I could dedicate my life to art, today would be a perfect day for a project entitled 'The Living Snowman'. This project would involve myself, dressed in my warm parka, snow pants, hat, scarf, mittens, and boots. I would stand outside on the front lawn very still, for as long as I could, letting the snow pile up on me and around me. The idea being that I would eventually look like a snow man! I'd need someone to come by periodically and take pictures of my progress for my portfolio. Perhaps install a straw mechanism so that person could also feed me hot chocolate."

Here's hoping that the snow brings out your creativity too!

No comments:

Post a Comment