Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Winter Wonderland

This morning I took off for the T walking through the Winter Wonderland of whatever that street is that I walk down every morning. (no, I don't know it's name, and no, there's no sign)

It was absolutely gorgeous with literally two inches of snow covering each tree branch. The whole street was flocked in white. I thought I'd seen flocked trees, but these are FLOCKED! As I was admiring the beauty of the snow covered trees and appreciating the clear sidewalks, I noticed that I was walking right next to a giant fallen tree. Right there on the side of the road, an enormous tree had fallen (from the weight of the beautiful snow?). I stood there gaulking for a few minutes at the enormity of the tree which I hadn't noticed because I was looking forward and up. Who know a winter wonderland could be so dangerous?

No comments:

Post a Comment