Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Springtime in Boston

Did I mention how much I love Boston in the springtime? The tulips in the public garding are beginning to bloom! The weather is warm, perfect for walking! I hope that today represents a typical spring / early summer day for us. This afternoon I walked from work, through the public garden, down Newbury street and stopped in for a haircut with my favorite stylist. After that I walked up to Kenmore (with all the Red Sox fans), and straight on through to Coolidge Corner. Nope, no tix to the game for me. At Coolidge Corner, I stopped in at Trader Joes and picked up some spinach (for salad), ground beef (for burgers) and foccacini bread (also for the burgers). I walked from TJ's up over the hill, saw some beautiful cherry trees along the way, to home where A was waiting with the charcoal and the grill! We grilled up some yummy burgers (using a meat rub for flavor in the patties), and sat on the porch enjoying the nice weather. We had spinach salads with cranberries, pecans, and goat cheese (the Britta Special). A nice breeze mixed in with the heat from the coals felt wonderful!

I love springtime in Boston. According to mapmyrun.com the walk I did this evening was 5.03 miles! Now, I'm going to online school to study for the AICP exam.....

No comments:

Post a Comment