Sunday, September 13, 2009

Virgin America vs Jet Blue

To Anonymous, I'm still not a fan of first class options, but I did recognize the amenities in Main Cabin Select were way better than cattle class on Virgin. At least on Jet Blue everyone is the same and gets free all you can eat snacks!

On my recent flight with Virgin, the snacks were not free, the on demand movies cost $8, and most of the Direct TV channels were not getting reception. This put them right on par with Jet Blue in my book which makes free video games equal to free snacks for rating purposes. What kind of logic is that? Snacks are way more important than games.

I'll continue to fly both Jet Blue and Virgin. For now, the decision will be based on price and schedule. However, if Main Cabin Select seating is comparably priced for a Jet Blue flight, I'd choose Virgin for the amenities of free movies and free food.

A Scrumptious Idea:

I thought of this as I was watching the map channel and looking out the window on my last flight.

Something the airlines should implement in addition to neck rubs is a live camera connected to one of the TV channels showing the view under the airplane. Sometimes its straining to look out the window or there is a wing blocking the view. What about the people seated on the aisle? They don't have the view of the Grand Canyon or Salt Lake from 30,000 feet. It seems to me that a little camera looking down connected to the TVs wouldn't be too hard to install. I think people would enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello

    Found your site by Googling Virgin America and DirecTV.

    I'm flying on a Sunday, which I hate because I'm an NFL junkie. I'm hoping I can pick up the games while in the air.

    I'm on hold with Virgin America right now and they don't seem to know.\

    You don't know, do you?

    Ha, ha. Probably not what you were expecting, but what the hell. I'm enjoying reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete