Monday, May 8, 2006

Hair as a Donation....Donations for Hair

I'm growing my hair to donate it for wig production. It has to be 10" long to send it in. Maybe this could be a funraiser in itself! Just like pledging someone per mile for a race...How would you like to pledge per centimeter of hair I grow? Then of course, you can pay me a bonus when I reach the full 10". For those of you that have seen me lately, you know I have a LONG way to go to reach 10".

What do I need pledges ($$) for? Well, I plan to travel the world. When? As soon as I have enough money saved and can take a year off from the working world. I'll spread smiles along the way. That's a good cause right? Support me!

A says he'll grow a beard and accept pledges for his portion of our world travelling trip. Stay tuned for details on that.

All joking aside, I think that it's completely worth my while to grow out my hair (since I'm capable of doing so, and it's a beautiful color!) and donate it to children in need. Here's the info: Locks of Love

Do you want to donate your beautiful hair too?

1 comment:

  1. I am pregnant and just got my hair cut short. They asked me if I wanted to keep my pony tail and I said yes. Though it is probubly only about a little more than 6", I am trying to figure out how and who to donate it to.

    ReplyDelete