Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Wingnut Philosophies

As I depart for a cross-country move (this is number three!), I leave you with these ideas to ponder. Keep in mind, I'll be enjoying the blue skies of the mid west over the next week! (oh yeah, there will be some hectic packing involved beforehand...)

I’ve been testing out / considering some life mottos these past few weeks. Do you have a motto that you live by? If you do, you know that it’s tough to stick to it through everything!

One that has done me very well was a promise to myself to not regret any decisions I’ve made. I figured that if I considered the decision at the time, then it was the right decision, regardless of what I think when I look back on it. It worked out really well for many many years. Now, however, there are a few things that I feel guilty for…I’m not sure I could’ve done anything about them…and Sis would never believe that I have the ability to feel guilt, but I do. I still feel confident in the decisions I make and don’t feel too much regret….but life continues to get more complicated. YIKES! Who’s idea was it to grow up and be an adult anyway?

Some lessons I’ve learned:
Mom always told me I’m not an island. The decisions I make, affect other people. Okay. I get it. I try my best to consider those around me. Really, I do.

Mom also told me, that I need to live my life for me. Do what I want to do. Here I am, embracing the mindset of a freebird (except I plan to stay put for a while). You only get one life (at least in my belief system) and I plan to live it to the max! (I'm not sure what that means yet, but a year of travel is in the future for sure.) The wonderful thing is that I am constantly supported by my loving family and wonderful friends.


Here are some mottos for you to consider:

Live your dreams.

Make life fun (and adventurous).

No regrets (what's done is done...do you believe in Karma?).

Let the little things count! They can make you smile.

In closing, ask yourself these two questions. If you don’t make it happen, who will? Why not get what you want? Go for it! As Dr. Seuss would say, the world is yours!!!

2 comments:

  1. Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

    Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

    Get these Degrees NOW!!!

    "BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

    Get everything within 2 weeks.
    100% verifiable, this is a real deal

    Act now you owe it to your future.

    (413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right about not looking back at a decision, though we also should learn from our mistakes.

    Sometimes, when faced with making a decision, I think about what I will think about it a year in the future. In other words, try to give yourself a future perspective before you make the decision. Sometimes that helps take you out of the heat of the moment and gives you a longer term view.

    ReplyDelete