Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I now pronounce you.....

That's me. The Officient of Em & L's wedding. What an amazing experience. After two full days of showing off my badge, I truly enjoyed the honor of marrying my friends. Even though we'd practiced (and I cried during practice), I cried the whole way through the ceremony. Weddings are always touching, and to have the best seat (stand) in the house makes it even more touching. I could see the joy, passion, love, and emotion in each of their faces as we recited their vows. It was absolutely beautiful. I made sure to speak very boldly for the key line: "By the virtue of the authority vested in me as Deputy Commissioner of Civil Marriages, I now pronounce you husband and wife!" (it makes me tingle just writing the line. Such power I had.) My badge is now invalid, but the pictures and memories are with me forever!

Em did a fabulous job planning the event. A and I were seated with her hard core running friends. Wow! A half marathon is very short compared to the 100 mile races these people run. The cake was fabulous, the dancing was a blast, the weather was perfect, and the whole affair was just plain fun!

Anyone out there need an Officient? I received plenty of kudos and can provide references.

No comments:

Post a Comment