Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Well, I moved the 10 mile run up from Sunday to Saturday. It was very successful once I actually got running. I woke up before the troops (A's dad and bro were visiting) filled up my fuel belt, ate a banana, went to the bathroom, etc. Then I drove all the way to the river, parked the car, and went to put on my fuel belt. It was still on the counter in the kitchen! So, back to the house I went.... grabbed the belt and headed back to the river. I ran west from the "Publick Theatre" where I park to Watertown Square and then east back to Harvard Square and back to the car. It was a nice run. I felt good. My feet and legs thanked me for the break.

I hit my Tues AM run and my Wed AM run this week with flying colors! Only one more pre-race run tomorrow and then the real thing! 13.1 miles in Montreal on Sunday!

Yesterday, I think I ate a bazillion of those little tiny bugs that hover over the running path. The geese, however, have been in the water and not on the path, which is nice.

Last Weekend's Highlights:
Friday night - A and I enjoyed a quiet evening just chillin'
Sat AM - ran 10 miles
Sat early PM - caught up with Sis on the phone
Sat late PM - A took his dad and bro on a walking adventure in the neighborhood. I took a 2 hour nap!
Sat night - Pizza and a four person game of Super Scrabble!
Sun day - We adventured to Battleship Cove in Fall River and toured the U.S.S Massachusetts and some other WWII ships
Sun night - Bill (friend of A, A's Dad, and Bro) came up for the night and we hit the night time scene! We checked out a new bar call Joshua Tree for dinner (great wings!) and won 2nd place in the Trivia contest!
Mon day - Took Bill on a walking adventure of downtown Beantown and introduced the crew to the China Pearl in Chinatown. A's dad and Bill were down with the dim sum, Andrew stuck with ordering something "normal" (lemon chicken).
Mon night - I hit the Super Stop and Shop to prep for book club tonight and restock our shelves :)

All of a sudden it was time to go to work again! The weekend was quick.

What's going on in the kitchen?
Last night (Tues) I cooked up a storm. Made some soup (even though it's summer time) with beans and tomato broth that Mom left us....I cooked up pork ribs and corn on the cob, we scarfed all of that down quick.... and of course, I baked some brownies. YUMM! Now, we have food to eat in the fridge...

Tonight's menu for book club is corn on the cob, fresh tilapia marinated in Cheriyaki glaze (handed down from Mom and Pops), cous cous, and asparagus sauteed with baby portabella mushrooms...with brownies and ice cream for dessert. Hopefully it turns out yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment