Monday, February 18, 2008

Giving & Gaming

A and I gave blood Friday evening! It felt good. Not the needle prick, per se, but knowing that I was helping someone. I hadn't given blood since I was back in Sacramento. It's such a simple thing (not for everyone, I understand) that doesn't take much time, that I can do regularly to help people in need. The fun part of our experience was that the blood drive was on the campus of MIT in the student center. We reminisced of our college days. A was amazed that there's a whole university of engineers right next to his work. The blood taker lady did a good job. No bruising!

Our weekend following was nice and mellow. We purchased a new strategy board game for our collection. It took us 3 hours to set up and read the instructions for Axis & Allies. We took a break after that for lunch and a walk. We played into the wee hours of the night. I had some lucky roll of the dice and the Axis powers were conquering victory cities right and left!

1 comment:

  1. You should have reminisced about my college days at MIT! Oh....I guess you weren't there....

    ReplyDelete