Wednesday, February 6, 2008

oh where oh where do I begin? It's been so long and so much has happened.

First, I suppose, I'll mention that a co-worker of mine passed away this morning. He was struggling with pancreatic cancer. He deserves first mention today. He'll be missed.

Second, I've been reading the newspaper! We subscribed to the NY Times and it's so much fun to read. I'm rootin' for Hillary all the way. It's fun to keep tabs on what's going on. I also enjoy the business section and all the random things I learn such as problems with elephants in downtown areas of third world countries. The police don't want to enforce the "elephants aren't allowed here rule" because they'll be stuck with trying to control the elephant. So the elephant owners just ride around on their elephants selling peanuts to people to feed their elephant. Meanwhile cars, storefronts, and the bustle of people milling about are all disturbed by the ginormous elephants. ( I do love elephants, but I'm not sure how I'd feel if one were sniffing the vegetable stand I was shopping at.)

Third, Life's been busy! When is it not? After the last post, I jetted out to CA to spend a weekend with Sis. We celebrated her 25th (*wink) birthday with a trip to the Monterey Bay Acquarium, birthday cake, a cultural day in San Francisco, and a dinner of Fun Fondue. Family, friends, cake, chocolate fondue, and otters! What more can one ask for?

I left birthday weekend for a two day business trip and have been playing "catch up" ever since.

A and I are having fun discussing our life plans, politics, and of course wedding celebration details.

The weather has turned to rain for now..but I think I heard Al Roker say something about snow. Someday, Fred will be resurrected, I'm sure.

For now, I leave you with this quote I read somewhere:
"People may not remember what you say, but they will remember how you made them feel".

No comments:

Post a Comment