Monday, February 11, 2008

Weather and Movies

I love New England weather! We awoke yesterday to a warm sunny morning and by lunch time it was pouring. Last night we were visited by snow squalls and gusty wind. This morning it was frigid and dry! So cold that the fallen snow blows around like dust. Speaking of dust, we watched the movie Stardust this weekend. Great flick! A says it reminded him of The Princess Bride. The only thing I remember about that movie is that the orthodontist invited all of his clients to see it at the theater. I thought it was a weird thing for the orthodontist to do for us, but I remember liking the movie!

We also watched The Namesake. The movie makers changed a few things from the book, but overall it was well done.

1 comment:

  1. And I love California weather! We awoke to a cool sunny morning, and by lunch time it was a warm sunny day and I was driving around with the top down. (The car's top, not mine.) Today, same thing. Tomorrow, same thing. I love it!

    Stardust (by Neil Gaiman) was great. It, too, was changed from the book, but all for the better as far as the movie. I want to see it again someday.

    I am not familiar with The Namesake.

    ReplyDelete