Saturday, August 22, 2009

Vineyard-ing with the Obamas and Bill

A and I are hangin' with the Al and Tim on the Vineyard. Coincidentally President Obama and Hurricane Bill are scheduled to arrive tomorrow! I wogged and walked to Edgartown from the house this morning (it was far!) but had to see for my self the Obama souvenirs. There are t-shirts galore that say Obama 2009 - Martha's Vineyard Vacation. My favorite is a cardboard cutout of Sarah Palin wearing a N0bama 2012 shirt. Next to her mouth is a sharpie written call out bubble that says "I can see Martha's Vineyard from my house".

I hear Michelle and the girls are on the island already, but I haven't bumped into them yet. I've been practicing what I'm going to say if I run into Obama, even though I didn't bring appropiate presidential meeting clothes. I realize it's not likely that Barack and I will be hanging in the same places tomorrow...but, just in case, I'm working on my lines.

I swam in the pond twice today. Does that count for two showers? The heat and humidity is intense this weekend.

Happy Weekending!

No comments:

Post a Comment