Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Philosophical Lesson # 717

Whooo arrrrre youuuu?

A famous quote by the caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland. I always liked the way he asked the question, with the smoke rings flowing as his tongue rolled the “r”.

He has a point though. Have you ever tried to answer that question? What does the answer look like? I realize now, (thanks Mom) that I’ve never asked myself this before. Of course, I know my name… and I know what kinds of things I’m good at…. I make friends very easily….but who am I?

How is a person defined? I don’t even know how to format the answer to this question.

Wingnut is pondering….

One motto I try to live by:

"If it's not fun, why do it?"
-Jerry Greenfield of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream.

Please note, that with this mindset, I make "not fun" things, fun. I find it's a nice way to go through life :)

1 comment:

  1. You may interested to know that the same question was asked musically ~1970 by Pete Townsend and The Who.

    In addition, one of the lessons of the (late and lamented) Babylon 5 was that "Who are you?" is a much more important question than "What do you want?" So you are on the right track.

    ReplyDelete