Sunday, March 1, 2009

Magnolia Cupcakes!!

Wingnut's Cupcake Review:

At Magnolia it's serve yourself, so we grabbed a box for six and the boys (M, N, and A) all chose chocolate with mocha frosting. T got a cookie. I chose the blue frosting. A threw in the carrot cake and I chose the red velvet cupcake. The carrot cake cupcake was later enjoyed by A2.

We all dipped our fingers into all the frostings, because that is the most important part of a cupcake.

The mocha frosting got rave reviews. The blue frosting tasted blue and was super thick and pasty. It's reviews were not very rave at all. The cake part was a bit old..that cupcake was beautiful and cute, but not so tasty. I don't like coffee flavored things, but I definitely vote the mocha frosting the best of the bunch. It was the perfect consistency! The red velvet cupcake had good frosting and the bright red cake stuck to my teeth. I had red teeth for a while.

I've just recently been introduced to red velvet cake (via A&N's wedding in October 2008) and this red velvet cupcake could not even compare to the wedding cake we had in October. That was delicious!

I think the moral of the story is this:

When at Magnolia, choose the fresh cupcakes.

Of course, there were plenty of other pastry types that we didn't sample, and I'm definitely willing to go back and give them a try!

A = adrian, M = mikey, N = nate, J = jake, H = Hi'ilei, T = tim, A2 = ashley, F = flint, C = christa, E = emeline, T2 = tucker, and B = britta

No comments:

Post a Comment