Friday, April 15, 2005

Mickey D's

I broke my rule today. I bought food at MacDonald's. Normally I just use the Golden Arches as a place to use the restroom while I'm on the road, and will occasionally buy a bottle of over-priced water. Today, however, was an occasion to celebrate. I completed the interviewing phase of the job search. No more interviews! So as an act of celebration and to prevent myself from fainting while on the road, I splurged for some major grease (Large Fries) and a small chocolate shake. In the hot sun and traffic of the east bay it sure did taste great!!!

I realize that I have just announced that throwing junk into my body was an act of celebration. You would think that I could do something rewarding for myself instead. Why does eating stuff that will kill us feel so rewarding?

I also celebrated with a nice dinner at the Fish Market. I cracked into a crab and scooped out some mussells and clams in a delicious pot of cioppino. It's a really good thing they gave me a bib! Thanks for dinner Pops!

1 comment: