Monday, June 27, 2005

Fathers

Well, I spent the past weekend with my two favorite Dads. One of them is my actual Dad and the other is my best friend's Dad. My Dad got to push a cable car in SF this weekend. You should have seen the excited look on his face! It truly was a San Francisco moment when the cable car driver looked at the people hanging on the side and said "Step down and push". Everyone just stared at him. He repeated: "Step down and push" with the tone of "What don't you understand? These are simple instructions!" Eventually, they all stepped down and pushed the cable car so he could grab the cable that he lost hold of. My dad turned at waved as us as if to say "Look at me! I'm pushing a cable car." We were so happy to see him having fun. That's what Father's day is all about.

Plus, in fairness to his age, I think we're nearing the time that we (the kids) start doing more things for the parents. We love you Dad!

Speaking of age, the other Dad got attention this weekend for his 60th birthday! We're proud of him....but mostly, it was an excuse to eat good food and gorge on CAKE!!!! I'll travel anywhere for cake!

A word to the Dad's out there: When you turn 60, have some words of wisdom prepared for your kids. We're lookin' to learn from you.

1 comment:

  1. The other Dad did eventually come up with some words of wisdom...

    ReplyDelete