Wednesday, June 1, 2005

Great Hiking Spot: Feather Falls, CA

It's not often that we take a day out of our lives to just enjoy being outside. When we do, though, it is a glorious thing. This past Sunday, without watches, time pieces, or other time tracking means (aside from the alarm to wake up) a friend and I headed to Feather Falls and spent the day on the trail. We didn't even watch the sun travel the sky. We just let the day take our minds and tired legs into the wilderness. Glamourous views, great conversation, perfect weather, and plenty of uphill hiking warrants that day as one of the best ever! Hiking is the best kind of exercise (the oreos along the trail helped keep our energy up).

Here's a picture of the falls: Feather Falls
I even saw the rainbow! The falls reminded me of Yosemite.

I was very pleased to see many other people experiencing the Feather Falls trail with us. I hope they had as much fun as I did. We should all take more time for enjoying the outdoors.

The best part: My brand new hiking boots didn't leave any blisters on my feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment