Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Weekend Adventures

Wingnut had an adventure packed weekend filled with clubbin', doggy dashin', barbecuein', and hikin'.

We had a snowball fight in June! It was great fun hiking up to Horsetail Falls. I'm eager to go back there next winter with some snow shoes. Believe it or not, my shoulders are sore from all of the lifting and pulling of myself I did. The boulders we climbed were so big it required the use of all four of my limbs!

There are some required snacks that I usually bring on a hike. These are oreos and gorp. This past weekend my gorp consisted of almonds (the red bag from Trader Joes), pretzels, and dried fruit bits (Sunmaid). It was quite tasty. The trivia question became: "What does 'gorp' really stand for?

We got the "raisins and peanuts" part but couldn't figure out the "go". A quick google search always solves the mystery! If you're a trail mix eater, you'll appreciate all of these recipes for
Good Old Raisins and Peanuts.

Even with all of the mixtures to choose from, I'm sure my dad would agree with the following favorite:
Most Basic M&M's—Straight Up
Chef: Pat Villeneuve, Tempe, Arizona
Why mess up a good thing with a lot of extraneous ingredients? That's Pat Villeneuve's mantra. "I perfected this recipe while hiking the Appalachian Trail: Pour the contents of a large bag of M&M's into a zipper-lock bag. Stir to distribute colors. Enjoy!"


What's your favorite hiking snack?

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right! M&M's, straight up. Nothing else is needed.

    ReplyDelete