Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I figured you must all be dying for an update on my half-marathon training.

This past Sunday I ran 9.2 miles (along the charles river path) and felt great! I figured out how to nourish my body successfully...with a banana before the run and a Gu in the middle. Of course I had water in my fuel belt too. The most amazing part of the whole thing is that at the end of the 9.2 I felt like I could keep going! (This is important because come race day, there'll be 4 more miles to go.) Oh yeah, and I only tripped and fell once! I have a little scrape on my knee to show for it.

This weekend I'm aiming for 10 miles!

A and I bought ourselves fun engagement presents this weekend. It was tax free shopping here in Massachusetts! An engagement ring for me...running shoes and a courrier bag for A...New cell phones for both of us (those were free! but quite an adventure in the store) and a new digital camera! We celebrated the day of shopping with spending an extra $20 at the movies to see Bourne Ultimatum. It was a great flick. Jason Bourne is quite an impressive man.

1 comment: