Tuesday, August 7, 2007

time is flyin!

Phew! I think I'll be in town for a while now.... Here's a little update.

South Dakota is an awesome state for road trips!

A quick jaunt to Sac allowed me to partake in Em's bridal shower, visit with Mom and Pops, and say howdy to my pals M & N et al. Between working long hours and several business trips, A and I were able to spend his birthday in Vermont! We rode a gondola to VT's highest peak and hiked down. We tasted cheese. We golfed at the country club. Yup, I played a full 9 holes! We swam in the lake. We kayaked in the lake. We played junior monopoly (soooo much simpler than adult monopoly). AND We went to a Barn Dance. It was in a big barn and there was SQUARE DANCING!!! We had a blast.

We ended our weekend in VT with a run along the Stowe bike path. It's a fabulous bike path and every 1/4 mile is marked. It was easy to keep track of how I was running and be able to pace my miles. I ran 7 miles in 1 hour and 18min.

This past Sunday, a week after the Stowe run, I ran 8 miles in 1 hour and 29 minutes. I think this means that after running for over an hour I'm still going at an 11 minute per mile pace. Not too shabby if I say so myself. Last night, I ran at a really good clip around the reservoir. In 27 minutes I ran from the house to the reservoir and around it. I cooled off by running uphill for six more minutes to the pad thai place. Yummy!

stay tuned for more exciting adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment