Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Two days in a row, I've woken at 5:30am and went for a run around the reservoir! Amazing! This morning I ate a Gu (actually a Cliff Shot) and did a speed workout. No Cramps! (last week's speed workout was a miserable failed attempt...I blame the "electrolyte juice" I was drinking) I ran fast for the entire 25 minutes I was supposed to (according to my training schedule). I also did a 15 min warmup and 15 min cooldown of slow running or wogging as I like to call it (a mix between a walk and a jog).

Today, I was rewarded with a beautiful sunrise. A bright orange ginormous sun was rising over the Hancock and Prudential towers in the midst of a misty morning sky. It was absolutely gorgeous. It reminded me of the fond memory I have of Mom and I waking up early in Ogunquit to see the sunrise. We, being west coasters, thought we should embrace the opportunity to see the sun rise over the ocean as opposed to set over he ocean. That morning, there was a big bright pink/orange sun rising up over the water. Perhaps, the theme is that sunrise is a beautiful time of day.

I wonder what it was like yesterday.... I must have been sleeping during my run and not noticed..hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment