Sunday, October 11, 2009

Road Musings

We are skirting around Chicago on 294. We just stopped for gas, gummy bears, an energy drink, and to use the restrooms.
Today we have entertained ourselves by watching the scenic farms of Michigan. Why did red become the chosen color for barns? I like it, just wondering who picked it and why?

We caught up on the MLB happenings through Pearl.

We've been listening to various music and short stories by Neil Gaiman. I have a hard time telling when one story ends and the next begins. I wish there were chimes between them. Sometimes, we pause and discuss the story because I often have questions.

We made a secret stop to buy something to share at Sam and Jason's tonight. I'll tell you about it later. They read these updates and we won't be there for another six hours.

Armando keeps asking if we are there yet. Adrian just told me I have beautiful eyes. He wants you to know that the buffalo statue outside of Joel's Frontyard Steakhouse was much bigger than lifesize. Please consider this a correction to my previous post.

1 comment:

  1. I very much appreciate the correction from Adrian on the Buffalo statue. Here I was thinking it wasn't such a big deal, being life size, but really, it's bigger than that and definitely deserves my awe. :-)

    Something to bring to our place? What could it be? :-D

    ReplyDelete