Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Runner's Log

It’s amazing what these little feet can do. Or perhaps I should say it’s amazing what following a training schedule can do!

Quick flash of the past few days:
Wednesday evening: speed workout with the Fleet Feet Team in slightly rainy weather
Thursday: rested...afternoon and evening were full of meetings
Friday evening: 30 minutes on the treadmill (running average of 11:45 or 12 min miles)
Saturday: Snowshoeing! We found snow huts (like igloos but made of snow). We were able to crawl inside and have four of us plus dog sitting in there chatting around our imaginary fire. Of course, if we had a real fire our snowgloo would've melted.

Sunday, I ran the Davis Stampede 10K with a time of 1 hour 9 minutes 18 seconds. That’s an average pace of 11 min 9 sec per mile! I’ve been running 12 minute miles in my workout runs, so this was speedy!!!

After the 10K, I bubble bathed, caught up with the fam via cell phone, and vegged on the couch for the superbowl game. Both A and I slept through the second quarter but woke up for the half-time show. Man those Rolling Stones are thin! Snacking through the third quarter resulted in winning the football pool! Congrats A! Too bad the score didn’t stay the same through the fourth quarter, we could have had more $$.

Get this, after the superbowl, I cooked! I made stuffed manicotti (a food that Sis and figured out is pretty simple to prepare actually). Sis, I’m not nearly as good at stuffing the manicotti as you are, but A is very grateful and loves it. It’s nice to have food for dinner.

Monday evening after work (we’re continuing on with the runner’s log now, pardon the intermission), I was scheduled to run for 35 – 40 minutes at a perceived effort of 70%. I probably ran at 85% instead, but I covered 4 miles in 43 minutes. I thought that was pretty swell!
My knees are taking a break today… This evening’s fun activity is attending a Sacramento King’s game with some fellow co-workers. In my mind, the $10 ticket is just a cover charge to be able to eat garlic fries and a churro. Of course, if I have time, I might catch a glimpse or two of the game. (I know my family understands).

No comments:

Post a Comment