Monday, June 25, 2007

Phew! Another whirlwind week flew by! With a business trip to Raleigh, a new fun house guest for the summer, and a baby celebration, things have been quite busy.

There are jellyfish kickin' around (or whatever you call their form of movement) in the Fort Point Channel. I think they are plotting to take over Boston. Regardless, they are fun to watch on my way to work!

The Baby Shower "Price is Right" game was a big hit at yesterday's co-ed Baby Celebration. We had a blast! Thanks Sis for teaching me the game! Another big hit was the book we all created for the Mommy & Daddy to be. I put together a little accordion book (using a kit from the paper store) and asked everyone invited to the Celebration to decorate a 4x6 sheet of paper that I provided them with advice, funny stories, etc for the new Mom and Dad. At the party, we glued all of their pages in and decorated the book with some scrapbooking baby stickers. The masterpiece was quite a hit. And of course, I know you're wondering, because I would too; Was there cake at this event? Yes, as all showers, weddings, baby celebrations require, there most certainly was cake! I picked up a Razmatazz cake from Finale in Coolidge Corner. DELICIOUS!!!! It was a delightful swirl of rasberry mousse, fresh rasberries, lemon mousse, and white cake. Yummy is really the best way to describe it.

(other weekend activities this past weekend included cleaning the house and taking naps, so I'm not sure you need the details on that.)

A and I did hit the reservoir for our first long run (50 minutes) Sunday morning. We did great. We can tell the summer heat is setting in. The runs are going to have to be early or late to avoid the heat of the summer from here on out.

Thanks for reading! Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment