Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Summer bliss

I realize the solstice was a few days ago, but it is really feeling like summertime now. The last two evenings have been fabulous. A bit warm, but fabulous, nonetheless. The tomato plants are skyrocketing out of their pots, the flowers are starting to bloom, and I cooked! Monday night I made a meatloaf and mashed potatos. (not exactly summertime food, I know). The cooking storm warmed up the kitchen quite considerably. But, the food turned out great!


After the sweating Monday evening (which included a run, in addition to the cooking)...I took last night as a lounge evening. I relaxed on the pink couch (in cool spring clothes) while A studied for his big exam this weekend. No cooking...no moving around...just laying still, reading. It was summertime bliss.


I'm generally not one to lounge around the house in the evenings. I usually have activities to attend, but I really enjoyed the past few evenings of quality "at home" time. I'm proud of my cooking acheivement and loved the relaxing reading evening. Tonight, it's back to activity central for a couple nights. The girls are going walking along the beach in Quincy tonight...and tomorrow is the last japanese class of the semester.


Every morning, I say hello to the jellyfish, and take a moment to chat with them. I figure that if I'm nice to them, I might not get hurt so bad when they take over the city. There are quite a few out there!!! Here's a pic taken last week.

Wingnut Meatloaf Recipe:
Hot italian sausage (a pack)
Ground Beef ( a small pack)
Ground Turkey ( a pack)
Egg (2)
Ketchup (several large squirts)
Worcesteshire Sauce (some) (spelling?)
Oatmeal (some)
Mrs. Dash (more than a dash)


Mix it all together with love. Bake at 375 for about an hour. YUMM!


Wingnut Mashed Potatoes:
I peeled, chopped, and boiled the potatoes until soft...then drained them....added Cabot garlic herb cheese, butter, and milk...and blended them until creamy with the mixer. YUMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment