Friday, June 8, 2007

A story about my conversation with a little boy on the way home from the T

Last night, I was walking my normal route down a residential street from the T to my house. It's about 5:30pm.... A little boy (probably age 4 or 5) is sitting infront of his house holding a metallic shiny swirly thing people hang in their yards to add sparkle. I smiled at the little boy and he began the following conversation:

Boy: Do you want to buy a toy for your kids?
Me: No thanks. But that looks like a great toy!
Boy: But, I'm selling toys for kids that don't have any toys.
Me: Well, that is a great thing to do, but I don't have any kids.
Boy: They're still in your tummy?
Me: (a little chuckle) No, not yet.
Boy: They're growing right?
Me: (more chuckling) Nope not yet. Have a fun evening!
Boy: (waved goodbye)

No comments:

Post a Comment