Tuesday, May 17, 2005

G.G.

Tonight's the big season finale of Gilmore Girls! In talking with my friends about this excitement, since I missed last week's episode (No, I'm not sure how I'm still alive...I guess owning the DVDs has paid off), I've been introduced to that website that everyone already knows about. You know the one. They recap all the hip TV shows (and even some not so hip ones). It's called TV Without Pity. I spent my lunch break reading the witty, funny, writeup of last week's GG episode. No, I was not sorry. In fact, I may even read all the recaps. It's kind of like having the Gilmore Girls in novel style. Plus, the commentary by the recap author is great!

Another concept I've been introduced to is "Jumping the Shark". The question is where is the Jumping the Shark moment for the Gilmore Girls? Was it when Lorelai and Luke hooked up? Or is it still coming? Is it possible for such a great show to have a peak moment where it stops getting better?

Between Ellen Degenerous, Lorelai, Rory, and Emily Gilmore, I don't know if I could ask for any better females in my life!

1 comment:

  1. Jumping the Shark is pretty cool. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete