Thursday, May 19, 2005

Wingnut Dreams

Last night was a very active evening for me. Perhaps it was the 2 hours of G.G. watching that ramped my brain for creative dreaming. I had three dreams. They may have all happened during the 6:30 am – 7:30 am period where I was denying the fact that my alarm went off. You know that half awake, dozing off phase that we all go through during the following internal debate:

“You must get up”
“But I don’t want to”
“People at work will think you’re a slacker if you don’t go”
“It just feels so early, and I have nothing to do anyway”
“Hey, wake up!”
“Wow, that was a good dream…”

And finally you roll out of bed for chocolate cake and orange juice. (Or at least I do.) Of course, the garbage trucks in the ally didn’t help the snoozing period. They are rather loud. I worried about them crushing my car when I saw large dumpsters looming in the air through my window. I guess those trash truck drivers know what they are doing, since there were no scratches on my car. Pretty impressive.

Ok, the dreams.
1) I dreamt that Ellen Degenerous sent me a birthday message. She signed it “Ellen”. I think it said “Happy Birthday Corinne”, or something clever like that. She’s really funny. It was very thoughtful of her to think of me (even though it’s not my birthday). I suppose a present would’ve been nice.

2) I dreamt that Jenny Jones (an old friend from elementary school) was in the lobby of my work applying for a job. She had just finished her architectural degree and was looking forward to a career with my company. Crazy! The last times I’d seen her she was working at a grocery store, and now she’s an architect! Go Jenny!

3) I dreamt that I arrived to work at 7am and was falling asleep at my desk. Of course, I was hoping no one would notice, and thinking that I should’ve just stayed home to sleep an extra hour. (Can you tell this one was definitely during the “snooze period”?) At 7:30 one of my many supervisors (the one notorious for working very late) came out of his office, jacket in hand, and said “Good Night”. I replied with a “Good Morning” and he looked very confused. We have windows, you’d think he would’ve noticed it getting light outside. Oh well, he’s a hard worker. I, apparently, am a napper.

It was an exhausting night. I think I need some rest to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment