Thursday, May 12, 2005

The New Guy

Okay, I know I'm a gal, but people don't say "The New Gal", they say "The New Guy". I'm definitely the new guy at work. Today, day four, I was invited to lunch!!! It felt so great to have someone introduce themself to me, and then invite me to lunch with his crew. I haven't worked with these folks yet...and they haven't been with the company very long so there's potential for the creation of a new crowd :) Making friends is great! Plus, the way the company is growing, I won't be the "newby" for too long...

Dilbert has timed this week's comic strip perfectly with my first week of a new job...especially a corporate "Office Space" kind of job. Check it out here: Dilbert - The New Guy

P.S. I've decided to just get off the foot of the bed in the mornings so as not to play favorites with either of the right sides.

P.P.S. Beginning the day with a few pages of Ellen Degenerous' new book is a great great great way to start the day! She really knows how to look at life and all of its quirks.

No comments:

Post a Comment