Friday, June 5, 2009

America the Beautiful

Welcome Back you say? Why Thanks!!! (There were more postings from China...but they didn't get emailed to the blog...so if you didn't get the emails, I guess you were left hanging after the Yangtze River cruise. Let me know if you need to be filled in...the pics are still a work in progress but will be shared on our Picasa site soon.)

We arrived happily back in the U.S. in mid May. Our five week adventure was fabulous and grand, but we were ready to come home and enjoy the conveniences of this country. We spend a full day at home recuperating before going to "the office". I went for a run around the Charles River and had an experience which I felt was a message from the world that it was my Lucky Day. As I was running along, some bird doo doo landed splat right next to me. NOT on me! What a Lucky Day!

A few days later, I had an even Luckier Day. I was lucky enough to go to Newport, RI on two of the most beautiful weather days for a conference and found a $5 bill in the parking lot. What a Luckier Day!

This country is made for me. We are having fun reminiscing the trip and enjoying the routine of summer life in Boston.

We've planted some flowers and vegetables on the porch. We go to A's softball games twice a week and enjoy the beautiful evening air.... Life is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment