Monday, June 8, 2009

SGW

This post is documenting my Super Great Weekend! I went on many dates with my husband, who I don't get to see much since we've gotten back from vacation. He goes to work and I go to work, and we only hang out in the evenings now. (sad face). BUT, this weekend, we had lots of fun. On Saturday morning, A hopped up and went for a run. Go A! I worked on the china pics (some are posted to our picasa website now). When he came back we made breakfast burritos and watched the movie Twilight. Such a great way to start the weekend! (I'm reading the fourth book of the Twilight series now, so it was great fun to bring A into the vampire world that I have been enjoying). Saturday afternoon was filled with dishes, laundry, vacuuming, an oil change, etc. Somewhere around 4:30pm we looked at each other and said, "oh, I have to get ready for a date with my honey!"
 
I showered and put on my Red Sox shirt and cap and joined my honey in the hallway for departure. We strolled in the beautiful sunny afternoon air to the T. We disembarked at St. Mary's and enjoyed a fabulous dinner at the Beacon Street Tavern (the name of the place is something like that). My lamb kabobs and cous cous were delicious and A's oyster po'boy was the fanciest most fun po'boy I'd ever seen. We dined on the patio and watched the Red Sox fans walk by heading to the game. With full tummies we joined them and walked over to Fenway. A bought me a program so I could practice my baseball scoring skills (we had to run into 7-eleven to buy pencils).
 
Our seats were near the Pesky pole for the second game in a three game series with the Texas Rangers. It was a GREAT game and we had a blast. We also managed to eat peanuts, fenway franks, and drink lemonade before the game was over. Our eating fenway franks, I'm convinced, gave Big Papi the luck he needed to hit a home run. It bounced off the Pesky pole... It was his second HR of the season and we were there. The crowd was so proud of him. Lester pitched the entire game. Ellsbury (my fave) made several outs in center field. The Red Sox won 8 - 1.  Waaaa Whoooo! A great game for us to be at.  (I love dates with my honey)
 
We walked all the way home in the beautiful warm night.  Sunday morning, A took a spin on his motorcycle, I went to Costco, and we met A's cousin Ashley for brunch at 11 (well, I was a little late).  We hit the S&S in Inman Square. It had been a long time since I'd been there. My eggs benedict with smoked salmon were great. A enjoyed the corned beef hash and Ashley loved her quiche lorraine. We chatted about her upcoming graduate school adventures, told stories about China, etc.
 
In the afternoon, A and I went on another date! We are so spoiled. We went to the Star Trek movie at the Boston Common theater. LOVED IT! My upbringing in a family of trekkies was very beneficial to my appreciation of the movie. I laughed and very much enjoyed the adventure. My favorite line in the movie goes something like this: "Since my traditional farewell seems somewhat self-serving I will just say 'Good Luck'."
 
After the movie we strolled through the Boston Common (because I always love to walk through the park) and ran into Koolaid and Chris! We're invited to a swap party at their place next weekend. We took some time to catch up and chat in the park before parting ways. A and I continued through the public garden. The palm trees and summer plantings are very tropical! We went to the Beacon Hill Hotel and Bistro for a divine dinner. (so spoiled). We used a restaurant.com coupon...and enjoyed duck (me) and pork shoulder (him) followed by beautiful lemon tart (us).  Then, as an extra special bonus, we walked through the public garden again!  (I love dates with my honey).
 
Sunday night we relaxed (sort of) with a scary movie while I put wedding pics (picked up at Costco) into an album. We watched The Happening. I don't recommend watching it before bed. Luckily, I didn't have any nightmares.  We went to bed very happy with our weekend and reminiscing on the fun we had. 

1 comment:

  1. What about the part when you chatted with your most wonderful sister? Some how that got left out of your fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete