Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Scrumptious Memories

Today is the 4th anniversary of the day A and I became a "couple". Naturally, this leads me down a path of memories from the days we first met. I remember the day I first met A. I was told he was in charge of the company softball team and that they were always looking for people to play. I sent A an email with my interest and within an hour he appeared over my cubicle wall with a big smile. The organizer of the team, he was happy to meet the newbie and welcome me. Remembering that moment and our softball adventures makes me smile about where it all led. Definitely, a happily ever after kind of story.

Another scrumptious memory floated to the front of my mind today in response to my improved flossing efforts of late. I have a dentist appointment coming up. This means I have begun flossing religiously to prepare. I don't think the dentist is ever fooled, but I am usually better about flossing the month before my appointment.

I remember one morning before kindergarten, my dad took me to the dentist. I don't remember anything about that particular dentist appointment, except that Dr. Mednick always had fun toys and a receptionist with my name! What I remember is the surprise Dad had for me in the car on the way to kindergarten after the dentist appointment. He gave me a little ziploc bag with two cookies in it. With my dad, we were always allowed two cookies for dessert (if we ate our dinner). I remember Dad looking at me with a smile, "I brought you a treat for being good". I remember thinking about my shiny clean teeth and how the cookies were going to make them not so clean. That didn't stop me though. I dived right in. I was five. I remember arriving late to kindergarten. One of the teachers welcomed me in and asked to see my shiny clean teeth. I flashed her a big grin filled with cookie. I remember the look on her face, and I'm not sure if she believed my explanation, but Dad and I know I was really at the dentist that morning.

Scrumptious memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment