Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Back on my feet

I did it! I did it! I ran a mile!

My ankle has not felt sore for a while now, I’ve been very good about not running on it. Two weeks ago, I started going for longer walks to test it out and it’s been holding up very well. No pain at all. So last night, I went for my evening walk…made it to the park, and ran a nice slow mile around the park. I walked all the way home and still no pain! (I wanted to run further than a mile, I was feeling good, but I refrained.) I’ll take it slow, but I’m very glad to know that I can use my ankle again!

I’m a huge advocate of evening walks. They are such a great form of exercise. And NO, you don’t need a dog to go for a walk. Although, I’ll understand if you feel silly without one. That seems to be the purpose of everyone else’s walk in the park. I, however, am perfectly happy walking myself.

I say to you: Take yourself for a walk. It feels great!

No comments:

Post a Comment