Tuesday, August 2, 2005

One more down

This weekend there was a major battle. It took place in my apartment, between the front door and my dresser. The soldiers in the battle were me (mostly) and my sister (playing the part of peanut gallery most of the time). She spotted a HUGE spider just chillin near the floor. Oh yes, it was suspended. It appeared to closely resemble a black widow. I was taking no chances on this one. In fact, my sister, who paid me a wonderful visit this weekend, stated that she would actually drive the 2 hours home before sleeping next to that spider.

RAID to the rescue! She voted that I hit the spider with a shoe. It was wedged between the dresser and the doorstop and suspended, so I wimped out on that idea. After all, she didn't jump up and whap it. The worry with using RAID is that spiders run when they get sprayed. But, it seemed like the only feasible option.

Here's a play by play:
I sprayed him...He ran behind the dresser...I moved the dresser...I sprayed him again...He ran under the dresser...Sister helped me move the dresser further... I sprayed him again. He stayed put this time. DEAD! The battle was won by two beautiful (and brave) heros!

After squishing the spider with a wad of tissue, I opened it up to make sure he was really squished. At this point, my sister shared a bit of advice with me: Never throw a spider away in the same room that you found it(or a room you plan to sleep in).

Phew. We slept easily after defeating the evil monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment