Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Discussion of Burps

People are always disgusted when I burp. I'm not sure why. And I'm not sure what they expect me to do about it. If I supress the burp, will it come out the other end? (I've been meaning to practice that, but I think that's more gross). So, it's a constant dilemma. Gas comes up, makes a noise on it's way out, and people say "Wingnut! That's gross!"
I say "What am I supposed to do about it?".
They say "Not burp!".

How do I do that? Well, today this website (Why do I Burp?) popped up on the side of my gmail. Now we can all learn about the natural workings of our airways. I'll tell you now though, their only advice is to 1) Try to burp quietly and 2) To say "excuse me". My sister helped me get #2 down pat. I'm good about that. As for burping quietly....it's a little tougher.

Last note: You may read the article on burping and think that I eat fast (which causes burping sometimes). Trust me, I do not eat fast. I have only recently met someone that eats slower than I do. Of course, most of you know me, and know that I eat slow because you've all sat at a restaurant for hours waiting for me to finish my food.

The end.

1 comment: