Monday, July 11, 2005

Wingnut's Weekend Highlights

I got cable! Have you ever seen a cable lady? I looked out my window Sat AM and announced "The Cable Guy is here", only it turned out to be a cable lady. She was great! (It took her an hour to figure out all the wires and hookups in my building, but now I'm all squared away.) I was able to start the week with a little bit of Katie Couric with my Corn Pops this morning :)

You have to know that for me, getting cable was an event I've been looking forward to for MONTHS. This is very big.

In other highlights, I was treated to a delicious breakfast at The Fox and Goose (a cool british pub in downtown Sac). The peach blackberry scone with devonshire cream was heavenly! (Why do I always end up talking about food?)

Saturday afternoon, I made a lasagne for my friend's birthday party...That night was the birthday party. We gorged on delicious ribs and other treats and played a great game of Trivial Pursuit.

Sunday morning, Wingnut's racing abilities were tested to the max. I made a place for myself at least. It was a one mile race, and I came in last!!! Of course, I hammed it up for the cameras and there are pictures of me with my tongue sticking out, and arms raised high as I crossed the finish line. Maybe next time someone slower than me will have the nerve to sign up for the race. Until then, I'm happy to bring up the rear. (I did feel bad for the race official on a bicycle who had to go really slowly behind me, to make sure I finished.... I couldn't look at them, I was too embarrassed....but was greatful to have the support!)

Three hours of Sunday afternoon were spent in a half-alert state zonked in front of the TV. The 8 minutes of running really did me in!

After resting, I was ready for a fun Sunday evening BBQ (more ribs) with new friends. We played Cranium. That is a fun party game! Every host should get the game Cranium...or guests should bring the game as a gift to the host.

Now, it's Monday, and I'm chuggin' along. I hope my readers had great weekends as well!

1 comment: