Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Midnight Snacks

Some people say it's bad to eat right before bed. Tonight, I got so sweaty doing the dishes (well the hot bath prior to doing the dishes probably didn't help) that I needed to cool off. That's when I heard the pint of Ben & Jerry's 'Everything but the' ice cream hollering from inside the freezer. It had been hollering so loud and for so long in order to penetrate the insulated freezer door that it gave a huge sigh of relief when I opened the freezer. No kidding. I heard the sigh. I promise.

I don't know how some people can actually put the lid back on a pint of Ben & Jerry's and put it back in the freezer. That is so hard! My spoon usually goes on auto-shovel (it's a lot like auto pilot, but for ice cream digging) and my tongue caresses the spoon with every bite, encouraging it to continue shoveling. The next thing I know, the ice cream is gone! Can you believe the label says 4 servings per container? I think we all know, that the container is the perfect size for a midnight snack!

Sleep well.

1 comment:

  1. If I ate a pint of B&J's all at once, you would see it mounted on my waist. However, your post made me go over to the B&J's web site and notice some neat new flavors. I think I'll have to take a trip to the local scoop shop this weekend and try some.

    ReplyDelete