Tuesday, July 5, 2005

An Exploration of Tears

I don't know about you, but my eyes are pretty sensitive and tend to water at just about anything. A little breeze, a sappy movie, and of course when I get sunblock in them. This past weekend, Dad was kind enough to dab at the tears streaming down my face. My eyes were watering in the hot sun of San Diego (probably due to the sunblock I had applied liberally).

I had to inform Dad that I don't like my tears dabbed. If they get wiped up, then more tears have to fall because the previous tear didn't get all the way down the track. I like to think of my tears as little entities racing down my cheek. I make bets on which ones will get all the way to my neck. It's a fun game, especially if you're really crying. Most of all, I feel like it's the best way to cleanse my eyes...just let the tears drop all the way, clearing the path for the next ones.

2 comments:

  1. You are funny. You must have been doing a lot of cleansing around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What dad (aoudad?) wouldn't wipe his daughter's tears? But now that I know the rules, I'll let them go.

    ReplyDelete