Friday, July 22, 2005

Stealth Health

For a while we've been embracing the 14 Super Foods. Today, I came across another philosophy of working health into my life while being almost as stealthy and sneaky as the mosquitoes last weekend. The top 10 list comes from an article in the Chicago Tribune: Stealth Health: Healthy habits in small doses

Stealth Health Top 10
1. Drink a cup of tea in the morning.
2. Walk for 30 minutes a day.
3. Quit smoking.
4. Have a glass of wine every evening.
5. Take five minutes a day, close your eyes in a quiet room and practice deep breathing.
6. Talk to a friend (whether in person on the phone or via e-mail) every day.
7. Eat fish twice a week.
8. Take a multivitamin with minerals.
9. Eat whole, natural foods rather than boxed or processed foods.
10. Get a good night's sleep.

These seem pretty manageable. I like tea. I LOVE walking. I don't smoke. Number 4 might be a problem...being as I don't drink much alcohol. Prioritizing quiet deep breathing each day will be very good for me. Friends are all around me (and I'm the queen of e-mail) so I've got # 6 covered. I like fish, but I don't keep track of how often I eat it. I should get back into the habit of taking those multivitamins...oh, and the calcium chews. I found the local co-op grocery store, so I'm working on the natural foods. Sleep...that might be the most difficult. I've been staying pretty busy (with the whole friends and activities thing) that I haven't gotten much sleep. I'll work on that one.

Good Luck to you for integrating Stealth Health into your daily routine!

3 comments:

  1. You have to be careful about seafood. There are three considerations when choosing proper seafood. First, whether it contains mercury or other poisons. Second, whether it is raised and/or caught in an environmentally friendly manner. Third, how much nutritional value it has. A good place to get info is at the site of the Monetery Bay Aquarium.

    I'm not sure if this link will work, but we'll try.


    Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is food related, sort of....

    Sharffen Berger has been bought by Hershey's Chocolate. In the short term, this may not change much, as the Scharffenberger family will continue to run it.

    In the long run.....Sharffen Berger's Kisses, anyone?


    news release

    ReplyDelete
  3. I start by saying this is a bit of an advertisement, but I think you will like Adora: Calcium the Gourmet Way. 30 Calories worth of milk or dark chocolate with 500 mg of calcium and vitamins d & k. This is chocolate not a chew. Check out at www.adoracalcium.com. If you want a sample, leave a message on the "contact us" noting BlogRobCalcium. Can't send until the weather cools done thought...but expect later in September.

    ReplyDelete